NYC Dog Leash Laws
Are you still walking your NYC dog off-leash? You might regret it.
There are two things to know:
1. All dogs must be on a leash.
2. A dog’s leash may not exceed six feet in length.
To report dogs being off-leash:
1. In a public park. A dog must be on a leash in a public park unless they’re in a dog run or a defined off-leash area.
2. On sidewalks and other public areas.
3. In a privately owned building.
4. In public housing.
You also might be interested in: What is the NYC pooper scooper law?