Do you have the personality traits of an owl? Take the quiz to find out.
- Owls sleep during the day and hunt at night.
- Owls have amazing night vision.
- Owls can almost turn their heads completely around their body.
- Owls are the perfect flying predator. Their wings muffle any noise from being heard as they chase prey.
- Owls are associated with wisdom but they’re actually not one of the smarter birds.
Information we used for our animal quiz
When a bird sheds it’s called molting. Molting is when an owl gets rid of old feathers. Owls molt their feathers once a year, usually during the summer.
Owls are predators. They eat insects, other birds, and some owls even eat fish.
Owls hunt during the night, so they sleep during the day. Owls can sleep around twelve hours during the day.
Owls can be a bit cranky and they will attack if they feel threatened.
Owls might be a symbol of wisdom but they are found to have less than average intelligence.
Yes. Owls are craft animals. They have excellent night visions. When they hunt their wings can muffle sound creating stealthy attacks.
Owl mommy and daddies can stay together for years. The baby owls will start to leave the nest after a few months. They might stay near the nest and get food from their mommy for up to nine months.
No. Owls eat a wide variety of things.